Saturday 21 March 2015

Writing - with a soundtrack

I write in a lot of weird places.

Think on the bus, in the lunchroom, in cafés. My study at home is the most 'normal' spot I write in, and even there my big sound-cancelling headphones are my best friend.

Why? Like a lot of writers, I'm a pretty anti-social creature. (I think the new and more PC term for it is introverted.) Music and headphones excuses me from people trying to ascertain if I'm really writing something on that laptop on the bus (yes, really), and from twitching at every unexpected noise elsewhere. Getting startled out of an interesting train of thought is highly inconvenient, and sometimes it never quite comes back.

I've therefore been asked: what do I listen to when I write?

So, here it is: the 2015 shortlisted J C Steel Writing Soundtrack.

1. Feuer Frei - Rammstein
2. Sweet Dreams (are made of these) - Eurhythmics
3. Türk Kahvesi - Tambura Rasa
4. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
5. Zombie - The Cranberries
6. Spybreak - Propellorheads
7. Skirvin Fla - Clickhaze
8. I Don't Speak Human - Omnia
9. Tango del Pecado - Calle 13
10. Iron Hand - Dire Straits

No comments:

Post a Comment